Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich icon

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich



НазваниеGlubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich
Дата конвертации26.10.2012
Размер7.23 Kb.
ТипДокументы
источник

GLUBOKOYE


Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich.

The next mention of Glubokoye goes back to 1514 as a center of the noble family of Zenovichs (the Great Principality of Lithuania). Their castle was ruined in the 18th century. In the middle of the town there was a market place, an Uniate church and a hospital.

The territory on the opposite bank of the river Berezovka belonged to the family of Korsaks (Polotsk Principality).

The town was severely damaged during the war with the Livonian Order. In 1563 — 1579 Glubokoye was occupied by the troops of Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible, and in 1579-1582 — by the troops of Stephen Batory.

In late 16th century Kristoph Zenovich founded a Calvinist cathedral, a library and a school in Glubokoye, and in 1614 his son built St Nicholas’ Cathedral. In 1639 Joseph Korsak started to build a Carmelite monastery and the Repose of the Virgin Cathedral. Another monastery was built in the town in 1752-1763. And in 1764-1782 there built the Holy Trinity Cathedral.

During the Patriotic War of 1812, from July to December Glubokoye was occupied by French troops, who built here several food stores. The Emperor of France stayed in Glubokoye for six days. According to the legend, Napoleon was so impressed by the beauty of the local church, that he compared it to Notre Dame, saying that if he could take it to Paris it would not be a shame to place it in the neighbourhood with Notre-Dame.

The former Carmelite Cathedral and the monastery founded in the 17th century (presently — the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Church) is an architectural monument of national importance, one of the few surviving examples of the early Baroque in Belarus. There is an icon of the Virgin "Dostoino est" here, which was presented by the Athos monks.

Quite recently Glubokoye has acquired the international status. The villages of Mosar and Udelo located near Glubokoye annually host Magnifikat international religious film festival.

A number of picturesque lakes give locals the right to call their native town “the Belarusian Venice”.

A unique dendrarium founded in 1967 is located near Glubokoye. Its range of flora (around 500 plant species from all continents) is almost as rich as that of Minsk Botanical Garden. You can also visit a farm breeding axis deer situated close to the dendrarium.

The famous people of Glubokoye are Ignat Buynitsky, the founder of the Belarusian National Theatre, Thaddeush Dalengo-Mostovich, a Belarusian and Polish writer, screenwriter and film director; Jazep Drozdovich, an artist, archaeologist and painter , the poet Vaclav Lastovsky, an academician, politician, historian, writer, the leader of the first Belarusian government.

A lot of talented poets and writers in Glubokoye create their works nowadays. Among them are Galina Sutula, Maria Borovik, Ales Zhigunov, Vladimir Saulich, Anna Zinkevich. They are the members of the Union of Belarusian Writers.

In the bright constellation of literary and poetic talents of Glubotchina there are such names as Anna Petkevich, Tatiana Lomash, Zoya Navaenka, Valentina Bahir, Valentina Margovich, Mikhail Osipov, and many others.

With gratitude and respect we look through the books of poetry of Vitaly Garanovich and Thomas Lyashonok and read their meaningful works, full of life wisdom and beauty.

In 2012, the National Day of Belarusian Written Language will be celebrated on September, 2 in Glubokoye.




Похожие:

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconGloubokoyé, une ville dans la région de Vitebsk, a été mentionné pour la première fois vers 1414 comme la terre appartenant à Zénovi Bratovitch
«Magnificat» où l’on projette des documentaires et des programmes tv sur des questions religieuses
Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconGlubokoje ist die Stadt im Gebiet Witebsk. Die erste Erwähnung von Glubokoje geht auf das Jahr 1414 als ein Land zurück. Dieses Land gehörte Zenowij Bratoschitsch

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconВнеклассное мероприятие по английскому языку и литературе Леденева Татьяна Григорьевна
«My Native Town». The game is devoted to our town Graivoron and Graivoron district. Three teams take part in the game, each of them...
Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconЦель урока: повторение изученного материала по темам "Town Life. London ", "Transport and Travelling "
Активизация и контроль употребления лексики по темам " Town Life. London ", " Transport and Travelling "
Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconRegion model 2011

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconПриказ №01-1414 и планом работы уо ашинского муниципального района
Ашинском муниципальном районе Челябинской области (приказ уо ашинского муниципального района от 20. 09. 2010 г. №431), приказом моин...
Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconComment est la nature de notre region?

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconКраеведение на французском языке La nature de notre region

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconA conquered Land

Glubokoye is a town in the Vitebsk region. Glubokoye was first mentioned in 1414 as the land that belonged to Zenovy Bratoshich iconGantsevichi is a district centre of the Brest region of the Republic of Belarus

Разместите кнопку на своём сайте:
Документы


База данных защищена авторским правом ©lib2.podelise.ru 2000-2013
При копировании материала обязательно указание активной ссылки открытой для индексации.
обратиться к администрации
Документы